Saturday, November 16, 2013

Best Places to eat in Istanbul Old City

You have done your sightseeing and visited beautiful historical sites of Istanbul. Now feeling hungry? 

Read my articles about Turkish Food & Kebabs and Istanbul Street Food alternatives to see what you can eat in Turkey. 

Buffet Style Restaurants
Next question is where to eat these delicious food?

As an amateur gourmet, I love to eat everything and try different restaurants wherever I go. Of course, Istanbul is my favorite city for food and for sure I know the best places where I can fill up my gigantic stomach.

Most of you stay around #Sultanahmet I would begin with my favorite restaurants in Old city.

Khorasani Restaurant; I love their chicken shish kebab, spicy kebab and mezes .So delicious! You can go there for lunch and dinner. Its very close to Sultanahmet tramway stop and opposite to Firuzaga Mosque.


Mixed Kebab Platter in Khorasani Restaurant
Pudding Shop Restaurant: Dont be surprised! It was a sweet shop and popular rest stop for the Hippies travelling to Asia. Because of the demand, they started to serve as a restaurant. Even Bill Clinton ate in here during his hippie years. If you are a vegetarian or looking for home-cooked meal, then this is the right place for you. You can find the examples of typical Turkish cuisine including Biber Dolma, Patates Kofte, Zeytinyagli Pirasa this is the right place for you. The prices are very reasonable.



Sultanahmet Koftecisi : They only serve meatballs, soup and appetizers since 1920s. You can try the best meatballs of Istanbul together with Piyaz ( bean salad mixed with onion, tomato and parsley). 

If you are a high-hat and only eat in elegant restaurants then you can try Four Seasons, Panoramic Restaurant in the rooftop of Adamar Hotel and Garden Restaurant in Blue House Hotel. 


Panoramic Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment