Monday, November 18, 2013

I love Shisha Hubble and Bubble in Istanbul

Although I am a non-smoker and against people smoking in public areas, I can not tell the same for nargile. I think it comes from my semi-oriental gene and I love it. 

Enjoying Hubble Bubble in Istanbul. Do I look like a real Turkey?
Turks call water-pipe/shisha as "Nargile" and its still popular same as the Ottoman period. Thus, you can see many coffee shops in Istanbul has nargile on their menu. Different flavors are available such as apple, melon, mint, coffee, orange, grape and many more. My favorite is melon mixed with mint but you can try also apple or coffee which is nice.

There are coffee houses in Sultanahmet serve you nargile and you can enjoy it together with a cup of Turkish Coffee but the best places you can smoke it around Karakoy near the cruise port and Istanbul Modern Museum. The prices are much more reasonable than other touristic coffee shops. Another area to find nargile houses are in Ortakoy and Bebek prices are higher but shops are classy. The prices vary between 15 to 25 Turkish lira per bottle. If you are not really good smoker you can order only one to try together with you friends.
My beautiful Greek Friend Christina enjoys Nargile with Turkish Coffee ( PS: she claims that the coffee is Greek :)
During last 5 years our one minute president is against to smoking, drinking, social and personal life so there are strict rules for smoking in public areas and transportation. We can say these are the last days of our nargile joy. Don't miss and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment