Friday, November 15, 2013

Istanbul is not Constantinople anymore!

Its pitty! I wish it could be Constantinople and I were able to see the most powerful years of the Eastern Roman Empire. Imagine walking through the beautiful architectural buildings, Roman forums, see the original Hagia Sophia, join in a  horse race in the Hippodrome, sail from Europe to Asia by a Byzantine style wooden boat. Wow what a dream it is!

Walking in the Old Town, View of St Sophia
Anyway, I born too late to see all these and I have to bear with the traffic of Istanbul. But I still love living in this city. I can still cross the Bosphorus with my super yacht. 

For me, Istanbul is unquestionably one of the world’s great metropolises. It has served as a capital of great civilizations including the Roman and Ottoman Empire. Straddling Europe and Asia on both sides of the Bosphorus, it is an endlessly and compelling blend of East and West.
Crossing The Bosphorus By Ferry, Europe is on the right and Asia on the left so Where am I?
Historic sites such as the Blue Mosque and Topkapı Palace are vivid reminders of the city‘s long run of glory, while teeming bazaars (Grand Bazaar, Spice Market and Arasta Bazaar) and ancient Turkish Baths also offer a window into the past.

Its history is not the only lure. International press have been talking up Istanbul for many years. There are numerous innovative boutiques, bars, galleries, clubs, and restaurants as there are Ottoman mosques. 

So the question : where to start?
Tourist Map of Istanbul, Anybody has GPS??



No comments:

Post a Comment